- Fee for a marriage license is $65
- Both parties must be present when obtaining a marriage license
- Drivers license or some other valid photo ID is required for both parties
- Marriage license is valid for 60 days from date of purchase
- If either party is divorced, you must submit a Certified Copy of the most recent divorce decree
- You may obtain a certified copy by contacting the Clerk of Court's office in the county where the divorce took place
- To schedule the County Recorder to officate, please contact the office at (701) 652-2491
You must be at least 18 years of age to marry without parental consent. If a person is between 16 and 18 years of age, a signed/notorized parental consent is required. A license MAY NOT be issued to any persons under the age of 16.