State's Attorney's Office
909 Main St.
Carrington, ND 58421
The Foster County State's Attorney is an elected position with a four year term. The current Foster County State's Attorney is Paul Murphy.
The State's Attorney performs the following duties:
- Prosecution of felony and misdemeanor crimes in Foster County
- Represents petitioners in mental health commitments
- Assisting people with enforcement of child support
- Provides legal service to county departments
- Administration and policy function of the State’s Attorney office
- Do and perform all acts not enumerated in this section which the state's attorney is required to do by law (see Chapter 11-16: State's Attorney.)