Welcome to Foster County, North Dakota
Foster County consists of 644 square miles of land located in the center of North Dakota. It is the smallest of the state's 53 counties and is bordered by Eddy, Griggs, Stutsman, and Wells counties. Below is some useful information regarding the county:
- Foster County is divided into 18 townships.
- The seat of the county government is located in Carrington, ND.
- There are five County Commissioners, elected per district.
- There are four school districts in Foster County being Carrington, New Rockford, Kensal and Midkota.
- The four cities in Foster County include Carrington, Glenfield, McHenry & Grace City
The Foster County Courthouse is open Monday thru Friday:
8:30am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:30pm
The Foster County Road Department is open Monday thru Friday:
Winter Hours 7:00am - 3:30pm
View Full Contact Information