The Social Service Director is Carrie Thompson-Widmer
Foster County Social Services provides services to individuals and families who are vulnerable to meet basic needs and to promote self-sufficiency.
- All people are treated with dignity and respect.
- High quality service is the goals of all programs.
- Promote a strong partnership with individual clients.
- Promote leadership on community wide needs.
- The agency will strive to be responsible and efficient stewards of all resources
Foster County Social Services is a department of Foster County government that has been designated by law to provide poor relief and related services to the citizens of Foster County. The majority of the services/programs offered by the county are done in conjunction with state and federal agencies, particularly the North Dakota Department of Human Services. Foster County Social Services provides a wide range of services including both social services and economic assistance programs. Some services are provided directly by county employees and others are provided through contracts.
Foster County Social Services is directly responsible to the Foster County Social Services Board. The Board is directly accountable to the Foster County Commission and, where designated, the North Dakota Department of Human Services. The Board consists of five members who are appointed by the Foster County Commissioners. The County Social Service Board meets monthly. The Board appoints the Director of Social Services.
Personnel include a county director, social worker, two eligibility workers, and two homemakers. Foster County Social Services participates in an inter-county model of sharing social service staff with Eddy and Wells county.
Civil Rights Statement
Foster County makes available all services/assistance without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, handicap or political affiliation and is subject to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 as amended and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991.
Please contact the agency for description of these services
Foster County Social Services provides
- Child protection services
- Family foster care services
- Parent aide services
- Family focused services
- Daycare licensing and registration services
- Children's Special Health Services
- Adult home and community based services
- Adult family foster care
- Information and Referral services
- Economic assistance services
- General assistance and permanency funds
- Information & referral